Thursday, August 18, 2011

fingers crossed


Most New Year’s resolutions happen in January; mine happened in March. It was then that I decided I would take on this great opportunity to start a new and completely foreign chapter in my life.
In order to start a new chapter, an old one must come to an end. One of the hardest and scariest things a person can do is leave something behind that is comfortable and familiar; especially when it pays the bills – but, I had to do it. So, I left my full-time job as a Marketing Co-ordinator and decided to follow my heart and listen to my creative desires in order start my future in fashion.

I have been warned by countless people that starting up a business is a long and tedious road, but I’ve always been up for a challenge! This blog will be a way to document the entire process, and one day look back and remember the ride. Most importantly, I wanted to show others with similar dreams that it CAN be done. Through my ideas, I hope to not only find inspiration but inspire you as well. 

This blog will focus on the creation of my Dream, and I will be sharing with you the people, places and things that I love so that you too can see and understand my vision. 

And like my good friend Oprah says 
"You've got to follow your passion.  You've got to figure out what it is you love--who you really are.  And have the courage to do that.  I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dream."

(let's be real here, if Oprah was my good friend..I probably would not need to start this...)

So here it goes, welcome to my Dream...
All I can do now is cross my fingers & toes that it all works out ;)

5 comments:

  1. This is an incredible blog...it is beautiful and breathtaking...it's brilliant....You should be wholly proud of what you have begun...Many people have dreams...have a tugging desire to do "something...more", but they let it lay, perhaps even die...You have taken your passions and love and laughter and life and created something that is moving and inspiring...Your pictures, your words...your courage and your honesty are candid and endearing...You are pouring yourself into the unknown...but you are letting your heart guide you and that in itself is an accomplishment...Best wishes for everything..take everything in stride..."keep your chin up" (from papa and enjoy EVERY single moment...even the hard ones, because the combination of it all, is what becomes you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, not very many people have the courage to do what you are doing. This was beautifully written and I am so excited to follow you on your amazing journey. You truly are an inspiration, and I'm happy people will get to know the beautiful, creative, wonderful, person we know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this all unfold and watch you grow into a huge success! Thanks for sharing the journey with us. You are an inspiration xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't be prouder of you...follow your dreams! Make your own path in this world and create something that you love! thank you for opening up and sharing with us, I think this is the start of something truly amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all SO SO much! All these comments mean the world to me :*)

    ReplyDelete