Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ohh what twitter can tell you. a great lesson learned

One of the perks of starting a business is that you get to pick the people that you want to work with.  The tricky thing is, how do you know who the good ones are?  To be honest, I don't have time to call their references and really, how do I know I'm not calling their best friend?

After I look at their portfolio there are 2 things I usually base my decision on.

1) my first impression of the person/my intuition/gut feeling - friendly demeanor, smile, ease and confidence.

2) twitter



You generally DO NOT want to work with a person who: 

a) uses the F-word to replace nouns, verbs and adjectives

b) thinks of twitter as a virtual "Burn Book"
{Mean Girls reference - please see movie}

c) is starting a project that is very similar to your own. 
Oh yes, this is what happened to me and twitter is how I found out... thanks twitter.  

twitter is definitely not meant for everyone. 






No comments:

Post a Comment